Friday, March 9, 2012

Grandpa

While rooting around in my closet archives last night, looking for Indian artifacts, I found this pastel of my Grandpa, Walter Scott. I'm astonished at how the years have gone by--I did it way back in 1979--33 years ago?!  There's some anatomical awkwardness in the drawing, but it captures his essence well. 

He was a quite serious man, to put it mildly. But he showed a lighter side from time to time, such as during the day he sat for this portrait, wearing a yellow shirt.

2 comments:

  1. And he still had this yellow shirt until he died. Thanks for finding this for me. It sat in his room for a long time. Can you believe it's almost been 10 years since he passed away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to meet your grandfather before he passed away, something I feel really priviledged about. He certainly was a man you atomatically respected with his aura of seriousness and proffesionallism. I have heard anecdotes and stories about Walter and I even have a few stories of my own to share! He was a formidable man that I certainly respected and was in awe of and I am really glad that I got to be a part of spreading some of his ash on the prairie! RIP, grandpa!

    ReplyDelete